2010 Mormon Expression Live Podcast and Reception

200 Central Campus Dr.
Salt Lake City, Utah 84112

Mormon Expression Logo

Doors open at 6:30 pm
Recording begins at 7:00 pm
Reception to follow

Come and join us for a live recording with audience participation.
You can meet the panelists and hobnob with other like minded individuals as
sophisticated and dynamic as yourself. There will be fabulous door prizes and
a chance to meet several of the guests who have been on the show.

Your admission price includes the recording, the reception and delicious
hors d’oeuvres. Proceeds will help cover the costs of production and promotion of the
Mormon Expression podcast for the coming year.

Tickets are priced as follows:

Ticket Price Ticket Description
Celestial: $20 General Authorities and those whom the Lord has enriched with material blessings in return for righteousness.
Terrestrial: $10 Those who pay tithing on net, gentiles and apostates.
Telestial: $5 Students, the poor, the sick, the naked, and those who pay tithing on gross.

Reserve your tickets now as space will be limited. You can reserve your tickets by
sending a request to mail@mormonexpression.com. If you would like to pre-pay,
you can use the donate button on the web homepage and specify in the memo
section that it is for tickets to the reception.

Refreshments will be pre-blessed!

44 Comments

1. M.Cooper
    Mar 27, 2010 @ 19:10:00

Any Outer Darkness tickets available?

2. M.Cooper
    Mar 27, 2010 @ 15:10:33

Any Outer Darkness tickets available?

3. John Larsen
    Mar 30, 2010 @ 00:23:00

You would have to have a sure knowledge of the event and still refuse to attend to receive one of those.

• Russ
      May 05, 2010 @ 05:36:00

John, I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. :D

4. John Larsen
    Mar 29, 2010 @ 20:23:19

• Russ
      May 05, 2010 @ 01:36:36

John, I haven’t laughed so hard in a long time. :D

5. Happy Lost Sheep
    May 14, 2010 @ 19:03:00

Will there be green Jello with carrots? I may consider attending if there is Green Jello with carrots.

• Janet
      Jul 15, 2010 @ 09:17:00

I’d be happy to try and make some green jello with carrots – but I can’t even make plan jello. I should have realized early on that there was a problem with my mormon abilities.

6. Happy Lost Sheep
    May 14, 2010 @ 15:03:10

• Janet
      Jul 15, 2010 @ 05:17:04

7. Holly
    Jun 09, 2010 @ 03:33:00

What is the podcast topic?

8. Holly
    Jun 08, 2010 @ 23:33:48

What is the podcast topic?

9. ed42
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 17:48:00

So we have to sit through the recording before the snacks? Sounds like a typical LDS gathering to me. 8)

10. ed42
    Jun 11, 2010 @ 13:48:10

11. Allen H
    Jun 27, 2010 @ 03:50:00

I have a challenge for the panelist during the podcast. We mormons have a hard time thanking people. We always want to thank people, but never do. For instance,

“I want to thank John and the rest of the panelest for producing such a stellar podcast”.
    -or-
    “I would like to thank …”

Why don’t we just thank people by saying:

I thank you John and the panel…?

This is one of those mormonisms that I laugh about every time I hear it. If you want to, what is stopping you?

12. Allen H
    Jun 26, 2010 @ 23:50:21

-or-
    “I would like to thank …”

Why don’t we just thank people by saying:

I thank you John and the panel…?

13. James
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 18:26:00

What is the expected attire for this grand event? Black Tie or flip-flops? Or should I wear my “all-whites”?

14. James
    Jul 27, 2010 @ 14:26:44

15. ed42
    Aug 01, 2010 @ 22:20:00

I prepaid (via donate). Should I expect a ticket in the postal mail or will call at the reception (I’d prefer will call)?

16. ed42
    Aug 01, 2010 @ 18:20:17

17. Robyn
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 03:37:00

Where is the best place to park? Is it free that time of night?

• Tom Perry
      Aug 05, 2010 @ 18:09:00

A campus map is available here: http://map.utah.edu/ . You can also click on this for a google map: http://tinyurl.com/23sxepo . Parking permits are only enforced until 6pm, and the visitor parking lot is near the Union Building.

18. Robyn
    Aug 03, 2010 @ 23:37:19

Where is the best place to park? Is it free that time of night?

• Tom Perry
      Aug 05, 2010 @ 14:09:19

19. Rich McCue
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 18:20:00

I can’t make it, but I donated $15 which should put me somewhere between the Celestial and the Terrestrial kingdom in the afterlife ;-)

20. Rich McCue
    Aug 04, 2010 @ 14:20:45

21. ed42
    Aug 07, 2010 @ 03:54:00

This was fun. Thanks so much for hosting it.

22. ed42
    Aug 06, 2010 @ 23:54:19

This was fun. Thanks so much for hosting it.

23. Mike Tannehill
    Aug 07, 2010 @ 16:50:00

A great event. I hope it becomes a yearly thing.

24. Mike Tannehill
    Aug 07, 2010 @ 12:50:19

A great event. I hope it becomes a yearly thing.

25. Perry
    Aug 07, 2010 @ 17:28:00

Fun times John !!!

Nice meeting you mike, funny that we had argued on line in the past :)

Everything everyone says about you is true, you are a nice guy, sincere and as an old BYU religion professor used to say about the RLDS, sincerely mistaken. :^)

Baby steps Mike, just be own to the concept that you could be wrong about things we have all held dear at some time.

Perry

26. Perry
    Aug 07, 2010 @ 13:28:50

Fun times John !!!

Nice meeting you mike, funny that we had argued on line in the past :)

Perry

27. Christopher Smith
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 08:52:00

I loved being there. Bummed that Nyal wasn’t there, though. I was looking forward to meeting him.

28. Christopher Smith
    Aug 09, 2010 @ 04:52:50

29. Jeannie
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 23:46:00

You are not alone in the least. There are more of us than you can imagine. I also can add the feelings about the church to my list. I was a member for 40 years. Joined at 15, resigned at 55. After decades of over activity and hard work within and inactivity and peace and growing without all off and on many times. I never could fit in , I never did unless I was so busy they couldn’t do without my efforts, yet even then it was always and only the work and efforts they wanted , or care about. I prayed so very hard to be able to fit in and feel comfortable, and what Heavenly FATHER and JESUS taught me, was I am me….and that is the very best I can hope to be. I am perfect just as they created me, I am who I am to fulfill my mission and do my real calling. I am OK just as i am. GOD loves me and is with me always. So all we are really missing is a human connection , and in many ways that is nothing to be worried about. I am lead to those who I am to connect with and miracles do happen. I am learning that I am close to GOD , and if I were more connected with humans, that special and precious relationship would be hurt. Our best gift to FATHER is a close relationship and time to know HIM. I do love people and I enjoy friends, but I have been blessed with learning to enjoy and like myself. I see it as a gift. Yes, I get sad, and feel like maybe I am not worth it , but I turn to FATHER and those feeling soon goes away.
    I also really understand about politics, and the same people you mentioned. There is very little we can trust, and those people work and are well paid by special interest to to play “the party line”. Read the bible prayerfully, especially the New Testament, JESUS is the only human we can bet our lives and futures and eternity on. Once you’re free to think and pray and learn to follow the true spirit, your understanding with amaze you, and Yes sir, it won’t be appreciated by friends and family from the church. They still live behind the veil. The “Veil” was torn in two and destroyed when JESUS died. We can and do have to ability and right to a personal and close relationship with FATHER and HE is waiting and always loving us. No matter what, you are Never alone.

30. Jeannie
    Mar 05, 2011 @ 00:00:00

Thanks but 40 years of those lies were plenty. Thanks !! I am free and happy and in GODS hands now, and don’t need a man to pave the way for me. JESUS has already done that work !!

31. Jay Bryner
    Mar 26, 2011 @ 22:59:00

Good call Big Al. You’re the captain man. You’ve gotta be proactive about this stuff. I was really lucky to have parents who would love me no matter what. I was very clear on that. Way to go.

32. Jeanmarie Todd
    Mar 27, 2011 @ 23:25:00

What a great dad! Way to go. My dad wasn’t a big part of my life, and my stepfather has always been a distant, somewhat fear-inducing figure. The only time he ever indicated interest in me or spending time with me was our Daddy-Daughter Date when I was in sixth grade, I don’t remember if that was still Primary or Mutual (as it was known in those days) or what. In other words, he spent time with me when the bishop told him to do it. Still, I know he’s a good man, and I owe him a lot, but I would have given anything to have a relationship with either him or my real father like you have with your daughter.

33. Yakbutter70
    Apr 05, 2011 @ 21:51:00

I think this is a great talk to have, and reading this has motivated me to have a couple of much needed talks with my sons, and eventually, my daughter. However, I think you send a mixed message when on the one hand, you tell your daughter that “sex isn’t evil either, but that the effects on engaging in sex too early in life can make the rest of life hard” and then go on to tell her that getting pregnant is “the worse thing that can happen to a young woman, man, and the infant they bring into this life.” I can think of far worse things than a pregnant daughter, and plan to tell mine just that. Just as I don’t want my boys thinking that they’ve committed a sin second only to murder if they masturbate, I don’t want my daughter thinking that if, after all the talks we have, she becomes pregnant that I won’t be there for her, and that what is happening is “the worst thing in the world.”

34. Jeannie
    Mar 04, 2011 @ 23:58:00

I was very active in the church, and needed a break, simply because I am a loner by nature. It has been my experience that only out side of the church and in the freedom of nature have I ever experienced the JOY and Wonder of finding a close relationship with GOD. Within , you are so busy trying to fit in and belong , that you miss the true spirit and reality of who GOD and JESUS really are. GOD IS ETERNAL. The first and the last, The alpha and Omega. GOD was never a man and created us, not “HAD” us. There are too many things within church teachings that just don’t fit scripture or the facts. Once you understand who GOD is….. you will also be free to connect and know him. It doesn’t take a bishop or prophet to let you have that right. JESUS CHRIST died for you to allow you that GIFT. JESUS is all we have ever or will ever need. He is not our big brother or the brother of saten, who was an angel not a spirit.