If you would like to appear as a guest:
Simply send us an email at email@example.com and let us know what you would like to talk about.
If you have been invited on, and need to get ready:
The panelists that appear on the podcast are nowhere near each other. We perform our discussion via conference call through Voice over IP software.We use skype to perform our calls. Skype is a free software package that allows you to make free phone calls using you computer microphone and speaker over the Internet.
1. Go to www.skype.com.
2. Choose the “Download Skype Now” option.
3. Download and install the software according to the instructions on the Skype website. You can take all of the default options. You do not need to do anything special.
4. In order to participate in a conversation, we must authorize each other as Skype contacts. After you have installed the software, go to the “Contacts” menu at the top and select the “New Contact…” option.
5. On the “Add a Contact” search screen, type in “Mormon Expression” and click the “Find” button.
6. Choose the Mormon Expression contact and click the “Add Contact” button at the bottom of the screen.
7. I will then validate that we are skype friends, and we are set to make the call. When the time comes, I will give you a call via skype. You can use the skype call testing service to make sure everything is working, or we can also make a test call.
8. Lastly, you will need speakers and a microphone. Likely, your computer already has them. When making the call, it is best to plug earphones into the computer as open sound coming through the speakers may be picked up by the microphone creating unpleasant sound fragments. You can use your standard PC microphone and any old pair of headphones. If you want to sound loud and clear, it is advisable to pick up a USB headset. They can be purchased nearly anywhere including places like walmart. Usually, all you have to do is plug them into the computer and it will automatically figure things out.
You will only sound as good as your microphone! Remember, if you want to get you message out and be understood, investment in a microphone will pay off. $30 will go a long way. You can contact us for suggestions.
9. If you have any problems whatsoever, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will walk you through it. If this is not an option, we can still conduct the interview over your regular phone line, but the sound quality will be diminished.